Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Charlie Brown's Lucy other wise known as my Sister!

So this week we introduce a lovable but dangerous character in the Story of Me, my sister. My sister Amanda was the 3rd of 4 children and not only that she was the only girl. To say the least she had to be tough. Don't get me wrong she can be "girly" but when she entered the jungle that we called home it was every person for themselves. A jungle you ask? Yes, a jungle we were constantly beating on each other or yelling at each other. It was a mad house. Ever since we were kids my Mom called her Lucy cause she acted exactly like Lucy on Charlie Brown, I would have to agree.

My sister was always good for a laugh not only because she was funny but she has one of the loudest laughs I have ever heard. Its contagious really, but if you really want to hear her laugh I will give you the secret. Just have someone fall on their face in front of her, and if your looking for sympathy you might get it but she will remind you of that fall and laugh hysterically about it for the rest of your life. Trust me! In fact, there was one time when my sweet Grandma took a dive down a couple of stairs. I thought my sister was gonna pee her pants. "It's the look on their face!" she says.

Now, I'm sure some of you that know my sister might expect to hear about a certain bet that was made between her and I about what type of guy she would marry, but NO we can save that for a future day. I will say this about my sister out of all of us we are the most alike. She might even have me beat on a couple of "first born" qualities that I have. She is probably the most stubborn person I have ever met even if you have 100% proof that she is wrong. Does not matter she is gonna stick to her guns. Which is why I enjoy hanging out with her because she gives me a challenge. I can usually win most arguments I get in, now am I always right? No way, but I will make you think I am. However, when its an argument with her, she will give me a run for my money.

I love my sister she is a great character in my life, but getting back to the toughness of her. We didn't give her any sympathy when it came to a brotherly/sisterly brawl. We would pound on her just the same as we would one of the boys. So, if you ever plan on throwing some pain on a girl in your life, just remember she might have had 3 brothers and you might be in for a world of hurt.

So for your enjoyment, I have uploaded a home video clip of my brother Matt (who you will meet next week) and myself peacefully making a rap video and in comes trouble. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvSlzClqu8I


1 comment:

  1. So, I decided to read your blog- and that video was hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete